Your way. How’s that working for you?
Has your situation changed?
You’ve tried everything, right?
- Spilled your guts on Facebook, looking for sympathy, a like, or a thumbs up.
- Marched into Books-A-Million and purchased the latest number-one selling self-help book.
- Drank yourself into a stupor to escape your current reality.
- Popped a pill or two just to feel momentary happiness or relief from the crazy.
- Hid in your house and slept on the couch to avoid the day.
- Resorted to casual sexual encounters, mistaking them for love or validation.
- Rejected those closest to you, convinced they wouldn’t understand.
- Decided to be part of the crowd so you’d belong.
Didn’t work, did it?
I know. It’s okay. None of these worked for me either.
For years I stumbled through life doing things my way. I made lists. I checked the calendar. I talked it out. I rationalized. I theorized. I read books. I weighed options. I considered pros and cons. I basically relied on me. I’m smart. Surely I’m capable.
While I in no way discredit the value of these actions, I readily admit there was one thing missing.Read More